Plastic pipe exceeds iron pipe in durability, longevity and performance. Independent studies by the American Water Works Association Research Foundation and the Plastics Pipe Institute show PVC and PE , respectively last longer than 100 years.
Not so with iron pipe. The National Research Council of Canada reports the following break rates per 100km of water distribution pipe.
Further, a study by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power determined corroded cast-iron pipe was overwhelmingly to blame for a rash of breaks in 2009.
So when it comes to the benefits of plastic pipe over iron pipe, there’s no comparison.
Benefits of Plastic Pipe
- It is the safe, long-lasting and stable solution for a modern infrastructure.
- Millions of miles of plastic pipe have been installed.
- It outlasts any other material.
- Strict industry standards confirm its strength, durability and longevity.
- Plastic doesn’t corrode or collect sediment like iron pipe, and it keeps the water flowing without bursts, flooding or disruptions.